One of the lesser-known benefits of shopping at Walmart is getting cash back at the checkout. This can be a handy way to avoid ATM fees and ensure you have cash on hand for everyday expenses. But how much cash back can you get at Walmart?
Depending on the payment method you choose to use at Walmart, you can get between $20 and $120 cash back when you make your purchases. Various options are available, with cash back limits of up to $100 on debit card purchases and $20 for personal checks.
Also, keep in mind that Walmart offers several cash back denominations, ranging from $20, $40, $60, $80, to $100, and you can get cash back up to three times per day.
Where To Get Cash Back In Walmart
Here, I’ll discuss where you can get cash back at Walmart, including cashiers, self-checkout stations, customer service desks, and registers.
- Self-Checkout Stations: Walmart self-checkout stations also provide cash back options. You can select the cash back option on the payment screen when checking out at the self-checkout station. The money will dispense out of the slot towards the bottom of the machine, along with your receipt.
- Customer Service Desk: In addition to cashiers and self-checkout stations, you can also visit the customer service desk for cash back requests. Here, you can request cash back using your debit card, personal check, or even with the Quick Cash feature if you possess a Capital One Walmart Mastercard or Store Card. It’s the best place to get it done when you need more options.
- Registers: All registers, whether manned by cashiers or self-checkout stations, offer cash back services. Remember that the cash back limit is subject to your payment method. There are also limits to how much cash each register may have on hand at the time.
Process of Receiving Cash Back
Getting cash back at Walmart is a simple and convenient process. Follow these steps to receive cash back during your next visit:
- Choose the payment method: You can use a debit card, personal check, or a Capital One Walmart Mastercard or Store Card. Keep in mind that the cash back limit with a debit card is usually $100, while personal checks have a $20 limit. Walmart Mastercard and Store Card users can withdraw up to $100 using the Quick Cash feature.
- Make a purchase: To receive cash back, you need to purchase at Walmart. It can be something as small as a pack of gum, or a drink.
- Enter your PIN: If you’re using a debit card, you’ll need to enter your PIN during the transaction to access the cash back option.
- Choose the cash back amount: Walmart allows customers to choose cash back in $20 increments. If you need smaller bill I suggest using one of their ATMs or going to the customer service desk and trying to work something out there.
Policies and Limitations
While Walmart is a great place to do cash back, it has some limitations. Below are some things to be aware of:
- Cash left in the register: I briefly mentioned this earlier, but it’s essential to remember that getting cash back might be affected by the cash available in the register. If a particular register has limited cash, the associates might not be able to provide the desired cash back amount.
- Excessive cash back requests: Walmart allows customers to get cash back up to three times per day. Frequent or excessive requests beyond the allowed limit may be refused, as it could affect store operations and cash availability for other customers.
Remember to respect the limits set by the store and consider the amount of cash left in the register when requesting cash back. The service is more for convenience and not to replace ATMs or your personal bank.
Comparisons with Other Stores
Comparing the policies of popular retail stores such as Walmart, Target, and CVS is always useful regarding receiving cashback at the checkout. And honestly, it can help you better plan where to shop and whether going to Walmart is worth your time for this option.
In summary, here’s a comparison of cash back options at these stores:
- Walmart: Up to $100 cash back per transaction on debit card purchases
- Target: Up to $40 cash back per transaction on debit card purchases
- CVS: Cashback at CVS is up to $40 per debit card transaction.
As you can see, Walmart is the most flexible option and allows you to get more cash back per transaction. That’s a maximum of $300 daily when you add it up.
Hi there, I’m JJ, and welcome To EverydayQuery! Founded in 2022, we created this project to be the most complete resource on the web for your everyday questions regarding retail, shopping experiences, and overall consumer questions. We’re a team of passionate consumers whose mission is to provide the best answers to your everyday questions.