The ability to scan your Walmart receipt is extremely helpful when organizing things and managing your expenses. Thankfully, Walmart provides helpful resources to help make scanning receipts and monitoring your purchase history easy.
You can scan receipts with the Walmart app. This tool lets you view your purchase history, making it convenient for budget management and accessing any necessary information for returns or exchanges. Additionally, the app offers benefits such as cashback offers and savings opportunities.
Before we dive into the step-by-step process of scanning your Walmart receipt, it’s essential to have the Walmart app installed on your smartphone. So well get into that first, and don’t worry, its really simple!
Downloading and Setting up the Walmart App
Let’s get you started on downloading and setting up the Walmart app.
Creating an Account
After downloading the Walmart app on your device, it’s time to create your account. When you first open the app, follow these simple steps:
- Tap on “Create Account” if you don’t already have one.
- Provide your name, email address, and a unique password.
- Agree to the terms and conditions, and submit the required information.
With your account created, you can explore the app’s many features, like scanning receipts, ordering online, and managing gift cards.
Now, let’s dive into the receipt scanning process:
- Open the Walmart app and log in to your account.
- Navigate to the menu by tapping on the three horizontal lines at the top-left corner.
- Select “Purchase History” from the menu to access the receipt scanning feature.
- Tap on the “+” button and align your receipt within the camera frame.
- Once the app recognizes the receipt, it will save it to your purchase history.
Remember to keep your app updated as sometimes a option that was once working may not function the same way. That’s usually the best way to troubleshoot anything acting weirdly.
Using Walmart Pay For Automatic Receipt Storage
By using Walmart Pay, your receipts are automatically saved within the app and easily accessible for future reference.
- Download the Walmart App and create an account or sign in.
- Link your preferred payment method to Walmart Pay.
- At the checkout, open the Walmart App and tap on the Walmart Pay icon.
- Scan the QR code displayed on the terminal to complete the payment.
- Your eReceipt will be saved in the Walmart App under the “Purchase History” section.
Scanning Paper Receipts With Other Apps
For those who prefer to track physical receipts, you can scan them using a smartphone or a dedicated document scanner.
- Place the receipt on a flat surface with good lighting.
- Open a scanning app or your smartphone’s camera and select the document scanning mode (if applicable).
- Align the camera over the entire receipt, making sure the text and images are clear.
- Snap a photo and save it as a digital image or PDF.
Remember, to keep your paper receipts organized; you can use a dedicated folder or an app to store and categorize scanned documents.
Some apps I like to use are the free one that comes with iPhone. If you’re on Android, TinyScanner is another helpful app for scanning PDF versions of your Walmart receipts. You can even change the scanning style so that all the receipt text is legible.
One tip with scanning paper receipts though is that you should try to do it soon after receiving it. This is for two main reasons:
- Walmart receipts may fade over time, making them hard to read
- Walmart return policies may expire
Other Helpful Receipt Scanning Apps
One of the most well-known apps for receipt scanning is Ibotta. With Ibotta, you can get cashback on your grocery shopping by scanning your receipts after making a purchase. The app partners with several stores, making it a versatile option for your shopping needs.
To start using Ibotta, you must download the app, browse offers, and scan your receipt to redeem the cashback.
Another great app for turning your receipts into rewards is Fetch Rewards. This app focuses on name-brand items and allows you to earn points whenever you buy participating products. You can later redeem these points for gift cards or other rewards. This app might be perfect for you if you usually purchase name-brand products.
Other receipt scanning apps, like Zoho Expense, Veryfi, and Expensify, cater more to the business aspect of tracking expenses and organizing receipts. They’re specially designed for small businesses, freelancers, or people who need to keep track of their spending for tax reasons.
Hi there, I’m JJ, and welcome To EverydayQuery! Founded in 2022, we created this project to be the most complete resource on the web for your everyday questions regarding retail, shopping experiences, and overall consumer questions. We’re a team of passionate consumers whose mission is to provide the best answers to your everyday questions.