As a frequent shopper, I understand how critical it is to be informed about the latest communication procedures used by stores like Walmart. One way they communicate with their customers is through texting. However, due to an abundance of fraudulent texts, discerning what number belongs to legitimate messages from Walmart is essential.
Let’s explore this topic in greater detail and find out what you should do if you get suspicious text messages. I’ll also share which numbers you can expect Walmart to communicate with you from.
The Official Number For Walmart
So, the official number Walmart uses is 1-800-WALMART. Sometimes this number can send texts; other times, you may receive a call from it. You can also communicate back with this number in either format.
This is the number they’ll use to send you notifications about your online orders, updates on in-store pickup orders, and of course, the occasional promotional offer or deal.
Now, it’s essential to keep in mind that scammers may use a number similar to Walmart’s official number. If you receive a text from a number that doesn’t match the one I just mentioned, it’s best to play it safe and verify the sender before responding.
Why Does Walmart Send Text Messages?
Staying up to date is a priority for Walmart, and texting customers ensures it happens. Here are some of the reasons why you may get a text from them:
- For online orders, they’ll let you know when your order has shipped or is ready for pick up – no more waiting in suspense! How amazing is that?!
- Remember to keep an eye out for your text from Walmart when you place an in-store pickup order – this way, you’ll know exactly when it’s ready and waiting for you. Plus, be on the lookout for exclusive offers sent directly to your phone! From delightful discounts to fantastic promotions and awesome deals, who could resist taking advantage of such savings?
In addition to customer texts, Walmart also sends out alerts for prescriptions, essential and time-sensitive! There are text alerts if you’re making a job application with them. You can text “JOBS” to 240240 to begin that process.
Reasons You’d Want to Receive Text Messages From Walmart
Text messaging and Walmart go hand in hand, and there’s plenty of benefits to customers that utilize it. Her’es a few reasons you’d want to receive one from them:
- Convenient and Time-Saving: With Walmart text messages, you’ll never be left in the dark! You’re able to get notifications about your orders, updates and promotions – all from one source. No need to scour through different websites or emails for this info; it’s right at your fingertips! With Walmart texts, saving time has never been easier.
- Personalized: Walmart’s text messages are tailored specifically to your interest, so you don’t have to worry about inundating emails and irrelevant notifications cluttering up your inbox. Now you can stay updated without the hassle!
- Opt-In/Opt-Out: Utilizing Walmart’s text messaging feature gives you the freedom to start and stop receiving texts at any point – whether you’re no longer interested in being contacted, or just need a break. With one quick action, it’s easy to opt-out of their notifications!
- Quick and Easy: Need immediate updates on your orders or promotions? Text messaging is the perfect way to swiftly get the news you need! It’s fast and reliable, so you’ll never miss a beat.
What to Do if You Receive a Suspicious Text Message
Text messages from Walmart are only useful if they’re actually real! The video below for example highlights how easy it is to fool people:
Most texts are easy to spot though if it seems too good to be true. For example, texts suggesting you’ve won money among other things. Texts that ask you to exchange your information are also a red flag.
Unfortunately, scammers often employ tactics such as text messaging to try and acquire your data. If you are suspicious of any texts from an unknown number, here is how to proceed:
- Verify the sender: To ensure your safety, compare the number of the sender to Walmart’s official text messaging number on their website. Only respond if you are sure; it is always better to be safe than sorry!
- Don’t click on any links: Beware of scammers who may send you text messages that contain malicious links. These dangerous links could take you to phishing websites designed to steal your personal information. If an unexpected message appears on your phone screen from a mysterious number, it’s wise not to click any of the included links.
Report the text to Walmart: If you receive a suspicious text that you believe may be a scam, report it to Walmart immediately. You can report the text by sending an email to [email protected] or to [email protected].
Text messaging provides Walmart with an effortless way to connect with its customers. You should always be aware of Walmart’s official number for their SMS services and how to handle any doubtable or suspicious messages you may receive.
Always double-check the sender, don’t click any links in the text, and alert their team if anything looks fishy. That’s all for now – we hope this blog was helpful for your journey of becoming a pro at digital safety.
If any comments or questions remain unanswered after reading this post, leave them below, and we’ll get back to you quickly with answers!
Hi there, I’m JJ, and welcome To EverydayQuery! Founded in 2022, we created this project to be the most complete resource on the web for your everyday questions regarding retail, shopping experiences, and overall consumer questions. We’re a team of passionate consumers whose mission is to provide the best answers to your everyday questions.