Gift cards are an easy way to give someone money for specialty stores or restaurants. Around the holidays, you may find yourself with gift cards for stores that aren’t in your area. If you have a Lowe’s gift card but only live in an area with a Home Depot, you may wonder if Home Depot will accept a Lowe’s gift card.
Unfortunately, you cannot use a Lowe’s gift card at Home Depot. Although you can’t use a Lowe’s gift card at Home Depot, here are some options if you find yourself in this situation.
Buying a Home Depot Gift Card
To purchase an eGift card online, you can use credit/debit or your PayPal account. Home Depot offers digital and physical gift cards.
- You can buy a gift card online and send it via email or mail if you’re long-distance. Keep in mind that Home Depot only ships gift cards to addresses within the United States.
- eGift cards can be printed and redeemed at any Home Depot or used online.
- You can choose your Home Depot gift card design and even attach a message to the gift. Home Depot offers gift cards starting from $5-$2000. Home Depot makes it easy for you to give, manage, and redeem gift cards on its website.
- Home Depot makes it easy to order ten or more gift cards with bulk ordering. This is an excellent option for corporate or group orders.
Home Depot Gift Card Policy
Home Depot gift cards can be used online or in-store. When the gift card credit is applied to the total, you can pay with credit/debit or cash if you’re paying in-store. You can also use your PayPal account to pay the remaining balance online.
- Home Depot gift cards never expire, and there are no purchasing fees.
- You can check your gift card balance at any time by using the Home Depot Gift Card Balance tool on the Home Depot website or asking a Home Depot cashier at the register.
- Home Depot gift cards can be reloaded at any Home Depot store or online.
- You can not redeem gift cards for cash.
- Returned items bought with a gift card will result in store credit, not cash.
- Home Depot can only redeem Home Depot gift cards. No other hardware store gift card can be redeemed at Home Depot.
Use Lowe’s Gift Cards Online
Now that you know Home Depot does not accept Lowe’s gift cards, here’s a way to properly redeem your Lowe’s gift card. Lowe’s offers delivery services and in-store pickup. When you order online, you can add a Lowe’s gift card to the total amount.
You’ll only need the gift card number and the PIN. Remember that you can only use five gift cards per online order. After the gift card input is accepted, the amount will be applied to the total, and you will have the option to pay the rest via debit/credit card or Paypal. Once your order is complete, enter your address and select your delivery option.
Although Home Depot does not accept Lowe’s gift cards, there are still ways your card can be used. Do not try to redeem a Lowe’s gift card at Home Depot. If you don’t have a Lowe’s near you, but want to redeem your Lowe’s gift card, try redeeming it online.
You can order online, and your items will be shipped to your home. Next time you’re considering a gift for someone special, consider giving them a Home Depot gift card instead.
Hi there, I’m JJ, and welcome To EverydayQuery! Founded in 2022, we created this project to be the most complete resource on the web for your everyday questions regarding retail, shopping experiences, and overall consumer questions. We’re a team of passionate consumers whose mission is to provide the best answers to your everyday questions.